Adding a calendar to a modern SharePoint site page is not a straight forward task. It took a bit of playing around before i figured out how to do it. Most of the people working with SharePoint by this time already know that Calendar is a list in the backend.
Even though Calendar is a list, it will still not show up under Lists in List web part. Here is the trick – All Calendar lists in your site are listed in ‘Event’ web part.
How to do it:
- Add ‘Events’ web part to your Modern SharePoint page as shown below.
- Once you add the web part to the page, Click on ‘Edit Web part’ option to display properties.
- In the Events properties window, all the Calendar lists in the site are displayed as a drop down.
- We can pick the Calendar from the list and select date ranges to display. Here are the available selections for Date range.
- Pick a layout ‘Filmstrip’ or ‘Compact'(Note: Compact layout is always used in 1/3 column). Select number of events to display, defaulted to 20.
- Save & Publish.