Issue : Cannot open this item Outlook error when you try to do one of the following
Import SharePoint Calendar to Outlook
Cannot open this item. You cannot use SharePoint. Your system administrator has turned off the feature.
Connect SharePoint list/library to Outlook
Check whether that feature is disabled for you by your System Administrator. Here the steps to check. Even if you are able to update it in your machine, once you restart your machine, it may revert back to default setting, if the value is set using a GPO by your system admin.
- Go to Start -> Run -> regedit -. Open regedit.exe
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Options\WSS\Disable if you have MS Office 2013
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\WSS\Disable if you have MS Office 2010
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\WSS\Disable if you have MS Office 2007
- Right click on Disabled and select Modify
- If the value is 1 – then it is Disabled. If it is 0 – it is not Disabled.
By setting it to 0, you can sync/import your SharePoint list/libraries with Microsoft Outlook