Upgrades

The upgrade command is invalid or a failure has been encountered – PSConfig error

Running PSConfig after installing updates is a stressful experience(atleast for me). Every time is comes up with a different challenge. But unlike some unfriendly errors, psconfig gives us much more details about the failures in the upgrade logs. Okay then, I was updating SharePoint 2010 with May 2015 CU. Everything goes well until – The […]

Read More

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebSite type object needs upgrade

Today, we noticed that one of our Web servers in SharePoint 2013 Enterprise farm started showing up ‘Upgrade Required’ status. Closer look at it says that Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebSite type object needs upgrade. We are sure that, no updates are applied to SharePoint servers which needs psconfig to be run.All the servers received same updates, but just […]

Read More

Content Type column not available for Calculated field

Content Type column not available for Calculated field calculations in SharePoint 2010. In SharePoint 2007 if you have a Calculated field using content type in its formula, if you migrate to 2010 or even 2013, you will see any error in calculation. [Content Type] in calculation is replaced by ‘#Name?‘. In SharePoint 2010 and later […]

Read More

Migrate admin approved infopath forms in SharePoint

In my recent project, I have to migrate admin approved InfoPath forms in SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 . Admin approved forms are deployed as features at farm level. They are under 12 hive folder named with GUIDs. After some googling, I found handy STSADM and Powershell commands. Using these commands we can easily package and […]

Read More

Upgrade Classic mode SharePoint 2010 web application to Claims mode SharePoint 2013 web application

In this post i will explain the steps we need to follow to upgrade classic mode SharePoint 2010 web application to claims mode 2013 web application. This is not the only available approach. There are many ways to do achieve that, but this is the one which worked without any hassles for me. Step 1: […]

Read More

Found a missing feature ID=’xxxx’ during SharePoint 2010 upgrade

There are many tools out there to detect and remove/delete any feature references in your content database when you face ‘Found a missing feature ID=’XXXX’ during SharePoint ugrade . This can be done directly in SQL database – which is not suggested ofcourse. When i am trying to mount and upgrade a MOSS 2007 content […]

Read More